THE Family of missing 70 year old, Graham Johnstone from Annbank, Ayrshire, asked for the public search to be called off earlier this morning, while the police still continue.
Graham Johnstone has been missing since new years day and police are still searching the local and surrounding areas.
Speaking to a memeber of the public who was involved in the search they said they think the family have called off the public search due to safety of the volunteers.
Police Scotland are still searching with it's resources and HM Coastguard 999 helicopter was back out today following it's search yesterday afternoon for Graham.
An un-confirmed sighting was released by Police Scotland yesterday evening on Facebook, it said: "An extensive search at the pathway at Oswald Bridge in Auchincruive and around that area has been undertaken today after a couple reported seeing a man matching Mr Johnstone’s description around 1145 hrs Friday 1st of January.
"As this sighting of Mr Johnstone has not been confirmed, officers are trying to ascertain if the man seen by the couple was indeed missing man Mr Johnstone and are appealing to walkers who were in that area two days ago contact them."
Chief Inspector Tim Ross, of Ayrshire Division, commented: "We know that many members of the community have been checking the local area and are grateful for their support and assistance but would ask everyone doing so to be mindful of their own safety. "We are asking people in the Annbank area to check their sheds and outbuildings and to please call Police Scotland on 101 if you have any information that might help."