Crosshouse Hospital patient meals impacted by electrical fire

Staff and Emergency Services acted quickly this morning to extinguish a minor electrical fire within a room located in the kitchen area at Crosshouse Hospital.

The fire was extinguished quickly by the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, and there has been extensive damage to the electrical switchgear.


A Statement by John Wright, Director for Corporate Services, said:


"There was a minor electrical fire this morning within a plant room located in the kitchen area at University Hospital Crosshouse. While the fire was minor and extinguished quickly by the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service there has been extensive damage to the electrical switchgear.


"Contingency plans are in place to minimise any disruption to patients and staff as a result of the fire however this will impact on the provision of hot meals to patients who will receive hot soup and a choice of sandwiches. Staff will be able to purchase snacks from the Volunteer’s shop and tea room.


"We are working hard to resolve this situation as soon as possible."

Ayrshire Vehicle Rental

Get news to your inbox. 

Untitled-1.jpg

We are Ayrshire's most modern media & news network. Reaching thousands of local readers every day.

QUICK LINKS

LEGAL

GET IN TOUCH

HOME

NEWS

FACEBOOK

COMPETITON T&C's

WEBSITE T&C's

ADVERTISE WITH US

I'VE GOT A STORY

PRIVACY POLICY

TWITTER

COOKIE POLICY