Make 2018 the year you become a volunteer
NHS Ayrshire & Arran is encouraging local people to make 2018 the year that they choose to give their time to help others by volunteering.
Andrew Moore, Assistant Director of Nursing, explains: “We are asking people to give as much or as little time as they can to join our friendly team of existing volunteers who provide a vital service within our hospitals and in the wider community.”
Here are just some of the many volunteer roles available:
• Ward volunteers - Do you have time for a friendly chat or play games, such as cards or dominoes, with our patients on a regular basis? If yes, you could be a ward volunteer.
• The Acorn furniture workshop at Ailsa Hospital – We are looking for volunteers who have experience in carpentry, wood turning, upholstering, picture framing, gardening, art and crafts.
• Patient and public chemotherapy service group - Have you or someone you know been using chemotherapy services in NHS Ayrshire & Arran within the past two years or do you simply have an interest in the future of local chemotherapy delivery? If yes, why not consider joining our expanding patient and public chemotherapy service group?
Some of our volunteer organisations are also looking for volunteers.
• The Hospital Volunteers charities in University Hospitals Ayr and Crosshouse, as well as in Ayrshire Central Hospital, are looking for volunteers for their cafes and shops.
• Hospital Radio in University Hospital Crosshouse are also looking for bright, outgoing people to get involved.
Our volunteers have lots of reasons for giving their time to NHS Ayrshire & Arran, such as to say thanks for the treatment they have received, to help other people or simply because they enjoy it.
Simon Jenkins, HBSA (Hospital Broadcasting Services Ayrshire) says: “Volunteering for Hospital Radio is an extremely rewarding experience. We have a great team of presenters and it feels great knowing that we are providing a worthwhile service to the people in hospital.”
Please consider joining us and make a New Year resolution to volunteer at NHS Ayrshire & Arran!
To find out more about volunteering within NHS Ayrshire & Arran, please contact Gill Rogers by telephone on 01292 513669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org