Travel: Resurfacing work planned for M77
The works form part of a programme of resurfacing and surface treatment to the M77, A77, A726 and A727 and will be carried out by Balfour Beatty on behalf of Connect Roads M77/GSO plc, Concessionaires of the M77/GSO DBFO project working on behalf of East Renfrewshire Council, South Lanarkshire Council and Transport Scotland.
The works are being carried out in a single phase. The works will require a series of night time full carriageway closures on the M77 and A726 Glasgow Southern Orbital:
· 16 April 2018 – M77 Southbound Junction 5 Maidenhill Off-Slip Road.
· 17 April 2018 – M77 Northbound Junction 5 Maidenhill On-Slip Road.
· 18 to 19 April 2018 – M77 Southbound between Junction 5 Maidenhill and Junction 7 Stewarton Road
· 20 to 23 April 2018 - M77 Southbound between Junction 5 Maidenhill and Junction 8 Leigh Fenwick. NOTE – The diversion route is not suitable for abnormal load movements and no provisions will be made to provide access through works
· 24 to 26 April 2018 - M77 Northbound between A77 Meiklewood Interchange and Junction 5 Maidenhill. NOTE – The diversion route is not suitable for abnormal load movements and no provisions will be made to provide access through works
· 27 to 28 April 2018 - M77 Northbound between Junction 8 Fenwick Motors and Junction 5 Maidenhill.
· 30 April 2018 – A726 Glasgow Southern Orbital Eastbound between Maidenhill Interchange and Bellcraig Roundabout.
· 01 May 2018 – A726 Glasgow Southern Orbital Westbound between Bellcraig Roundabout and Maidenhill Interchange Roundabout.
· 02 May 2018 – A726 Glasgow Southern Orbital Westbound between Philipshill Interchange and Bellcraig Roundabout.
· 03 to 04 May 2018 – A726 Queensway Eastbound between Philipshill Interchange and West Main Roundabout.
The night-time works will be carried out in total carriageway closures at night between 2000hrs and 0600hrs for the safety of both the public and road workers.
Advanced warning signs will be positioned on the approach to the works and specified diversion routes will be in place for each night. As the resurfacing activities are weather dependent, the programme will be subject to change if inclement weather occurs on any of the nights.
Emergency services and bus companies have been advised.