top of page
  • Writer's pictureAyrshire Daily News

Kilwinning Fire: Statement Update - Fire at recycling centre, Byrehill Place

The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service urges residents in the surrounding area to remain at home with windows and doors shut following a fire at a battery recycling centre in Kilwinning, North Ayrshire.


PIC - Kenny Hepburn

Three appliances and one-height vehicle remain at the scene as crews work to extinguish the fire. There are no reported casualties.


At its height, around 40 firefighters were mobilised to the scene after the alarm was raised just after 10pm on Monday, April 8 to reports of a fire on Byrehill Place, Kilwinning.


Residents are advised to stay at home and keep windows and doors closed.


Area Commander Jim Quinn said:

“We continue to work with the recycling centre and partner agencies to minimise the disruption to the local community and will continue to provide updates.


“While smoke continues to be visible, we would ask that residents remain at home, and keep windows and doors closed as a precaution. 


“If travelling through smoke, motorists should keep windows closed, turn off air conditioning and keep their air vents closed.”

Comments


bottom of page